Tonight, Cody and Dylan had their check ups. It was very nice that Brett could go. He kept one in the waiting room while I only had to deal with one kid at a time. They feed off each other - so when in the room together - it can get crazy!
Dylan went first. He sat up and answered all her questions and she was very happy with him. He wasn't thrilled when he had to take off his clothes down to his underwear but he did it. He is very bashful. He got weighed....62 3/4 pounds. Yah, he's healthy! And he stands at 46 1/4" tall. I thought she would have more to say about his weight but she just said to watch the sugars in his drink. He is a very active boy - I think he's just been blessed with a slow metabolism like his parents. Everything else , BP, ears, heart, lungs, eye exam - all checked out great.
Next it was Cody's turn. He was over tired and therefor not cooperating as much as I know he could have. I'm watching the "tiredness", trying to figure out if he is in fact just tired or if his thyroid is having issues. I'll watch a little bit longer and then make the call. So I answered her questions about Cody. Honestly, she's a great pediatrician but for Cody's issues we have specialist and if I'm having a problem - I'll call them and we'll just update the ped. Cody weighed in at 53 1/4 pounds and stands at 45 1/4" tall. Everything for Cody checked out fine too!
Then we had to drop the bomb - they had to get shots! A booster to the Hepatitis shot and we decided to give the H1N1 shot. Dylan was fine with the news but Cody went into hysterics! Horrible! He has such a fear of needles that I feel so bad for him. So Dylan went first to show that it wasn't going to hurt. He did great. Cody freaked even more taking his shirt off and it took Brett and I to hold him so the doctor could give the shot. After the first arm we moved to the other arm and he says "no, not my favorite arm".....that's when Brett and I lost it. So not right to laugh at him but OMG that was too funny! Then poor Tyler who thought he was just coming along to play with the cool kitchen found out that he too needed a shot. I haven't told them yet that they all need to go back in a month for the second round! :(
This is one doctor visit out of the way. Tyler goes back to the orthopedist tomorrow for a re-check of his hand. Since the brace was put on and after the first 2 nights with the brace, he has slept fine and not complained of his hand hurting. I'll be curious to see if the x-rays will show anything tomorrow. On Monday, Cody heads back to Syracuse for an adjustment of his appliance.
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment