For those of you who have more than 1 child or if you have other siblings - you know what I mean by the "middle child". I was one. I have an older sister and a younger brother. I don't think I ever really felt like the "middle" child much. Although, my sister used to tell me I was adopted. However, there is a good age gap between me and my siblings. With my kids though, having 2 at once.....one is still older. Even if it's by a minute. So Dylan is technically my middle child.
When he was born I was very worried how I would be able to tend to him when I had so much to do with Cody. Dylan was pushed off a lot onto other family to feed him and I really do feel like I missed out on some bonding moments. Then when Tyler came along and started to get sick and require a couple surgeries for tubes/tonsils/adenoids.....Dylan was again "left out" from what he was beginning to think as one-on-one time. Even though when Cody or Tyler went to a doctor it wasn't really "fun".
So, Dylan has just recently (probably the past 6 months or so) has taken a liking to such TV shows as the Discovery Channel, Animal Planet, Military Channel, Infomercials, etc....anything dealing with "real life". Kind of cracks me up because he sits so still and just watches - really soaking it all in. Cause then they come back in conversations.
These are some I remember:
1. There was a commercial for some type of electronic eye lash curler. The object was supposed to put on mascara without clumping. One night, he tells me I should order it and my mascara won't clump. I thought he was crazy....till the next morning when I was putting mine on and darn it - the kid was right - it was clumping. It took a then 4 year old to tell me that.
2. Oh and his Dad is getting the Billy Mayes hamburger patty press. Dylan just thinks his Dad would "love it" and "has to have it". (we haven't ordered it yet)
3. Last night, I was sitting in the chair and after he got over his fit (he was mad cause I made him watch Idol), he came in and sat with me. I asked him if he still loved me and he said "mom, I'll always love you"!
4. He told me that I should be "thankful for not watching TV with him the other night". When I asked why, he told me it was because it was about machine guns (must of been military channel) and I would of been "scared". I am thinking bored would of been more like it.
5. This morning driving to school as the sun was beating on my windshield and I was realizing I need to run the wipers, he pipes up from the back seat and tells me that I should get new wipers for the van. He said he saw some on TV and they wouldn't scratch my windshield, would melt the snow away.....guess I need to find these.
6. When my brother was hear the other day - Dylan really wanted to hold baby Jack. So he did - but then quickly reminded everyone that he couldn't do it for long as he was "Santa and Santa was a busy man and needed to get back to work".
So these are just some of our conversations he tells me. He is usually very matter of factly about it all. He's becoming controlling over the remote and giving his Dad a run for his money. I love our little conversations and can't wait for the next one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The info-mercials....yea John IV did that too...he told me that I need to get the tv tray thing, that slides under the couch...sad eh?
He now wants me to get the Snuggie..ummm I have a robe, thanks!
Post a Comment