Friday, February 20, 2009
"taken" vs. "tested"
We had to have Cody's blood taken today as his endocrinology appointment is next week. This will be our first read of his thyroid levels after having started the medication. I'm pretty anxious to get the results back and meet with the Dr. to see how we are doing. So last night I knew I had to talk to Cody about it. My goal with him is to always be up front and honest with him. I might sugar coat it a little but I won't go over the edge and tell him something false. It's not fair to him. Like I would never tell him "it won't hurt" cause honestly how do I know that. So we talk that if it does hurt, then it won't hurt for long. That type of thing! Thankfully our pediatrician wrote us a script for numbing cream so it honestly doesn't hurt that bad when he gets it done. But I still talk to him about it - and I did so last night. I told him we had to go have his "blood taken". Well he informed me to stop saying it that way - he doesn't like the word "taken". I was kind of loss as to what to call it. My sister gave me some words of wisdom and said to try "tested" and that made the difference. He was OK with that. So we have our blood "tested". I was very impressed with the hospital today. It was our first time at this hospital. They had a special room for the kids - all decked out in Spongebob, spiderman, Disney, just about everything. Totally made the kids feel at home. Cody did fantastic. Not a tear! Our appointment is Wednesday! Wish him luck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment