So my morning started out on the wrong foot. Today the boys had a special program day at school. They all went at 8:30 and were watching a movie. I was driving them to school like any other day when I looked in my rear view mirror and there is a cop. I knew what was coming next. Yep, he flicked on the lights and over I went. To be honest, I knew what was coming. I had a break light out. Brett has known this for a few several weeks. He just hasn't had the right opportunity to fix it! (rolling eyes) So that is why he stopped me. Very unfortunate for me, I didn't realize my inspection was up in January. UGH! So he ticketed me for the inspection. I admit, guilty - but honestly I did not see it was up. I know I have looked at the sticker a million times and for whatever reason it has not registered. So............I came home at lunch and woke Brett up. He changed my break light bulb! :) Tomorrow morning the van will be at the shop for the inspection. And I'll pay a stupid ticket.
I really thought for sure the day would only get worse. It didn't. I worked a little late to make up some time. Got home to some pretty happy boys.....Brett to! I think he knew what way he should dance tonight. We ate dinner - all of us - around the table like a family. We don't get many of those nights and I LOVE THEM! Then we all sat down on the couch, in our jammies (the boys love to have a jammy party) and watched a movie. Monsters Inc. The boys got this for like their 2nd birthday. We just took the plastic off. Neither Brett nor I have watched the whole thing. It was so cute. And what I thought was pretty neat is their is a monster on the board named Luckey! Spelled the same way and everything.
I am very happy my day ended better! Everybody should have those movie family nights! We will!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment