Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Can you hear that??

Probably so if you are in my house - it would be the TV. With having 2 tv's downstairs and pretty close to each other (adjoining rooms) sometimes the two tvs try to drown each other out. For a while I just thought it was one of the boys turning the Tv up. So then I would turn it down and only get yelled at by Cody "mom, I can't hear". So I would brush it off and he would turn it back up and off I would go to do what I was doing. Well after a few other family members commenting to me that it seems like Cody is doing that a lot - did I start to get that wonderful mommy gut feeling that I need to get it looked at.

Rewind to December when we met with Dr. Tatum. He stated that Cody's tubes appeared to be out and he possibly has a hole on his ear drum. He did a tampanogram and it was basically flat line so that means the ear drum is not vibrating the sound. He wanted us to watch an infections and keep him in the loop. So I called his office today to see what they suggested. I really don't want to drive to Syracuse for a hearing test but would if we had to. Thankful, that is not needed - we will go to a local audiologist for a hearing test on 3/6. Then we see Dr. Tatum on 3/23 to discuss. My mommy gut is telling me the hole hasn't closed and the tubes are definitely out of place. I foresee another ear tube surgery in our future. Wonder if I'll be right?

On a different note, we are getting ready to go to my brother's at the end of the week. Yeah. I went tonight to get a hair cut. I've been growing it out but I told my hair dresser today that I am sick of standing in the bathroom for close to an hour to curl my hair. I sooooo don't have time for that. She said my hair was at a great length and we could do just about whatever! So we did! It's very short in the back and layered. Longer towards the front. Now let's just see if I can do it myself tomorrow before work. "Can you hear that?"...........it's me throwing my hairspray/blow dryer around my bathroom. Let's hope for the best! :)

1 comment:

Sarah Jane said...

I hope that everything turns out the way it should, but you and I both know that our guts are usually right.....