As the ticker to the right says - 3 days till we fly. I did a lot more packing tonight. Most all the boys stuff is done. Their closet and drawers are about empty. Just left the "play" clothes for the next couple of days. Couple last minute stuff for their suitcases and we are good to go. Then I started on mine. I have no idea what I am wearing when. Basically packing everything. I do have my outfit for the dinner so that is good. Brett has to start his. I do think though its going to be so much easier checking our luggage than carrying on. Just carrying on a small bag. My mind is whirling and I have lists all over the place.
So last night I called Southwest to ask a couple questions. I know from our past trips that the only thing we need to board the plane is our boarding passes and ID. Well Cody and Dylan don't have ID's so I was curious if I needed them. Turns out I don't. But the anal me will take their birth certificates anyway just to be safe. I spoke to the nicest agent ever. She told me to "bring the store" meaning all the snacks I wanted. So I got little packs of crackers, chips, gold fish tonight. Will pick up a few more things tomorrow. I also got on the TSA website to see what advice they had for traveling with kids. As most of these agents have no personality and small talk at security is really frowned upon. So.......the website just said to talk with the kids about what they will encounter, metal detector, their bag going on the x-ray machine, etc. Then is said "tell them that saying 'I have a bomb' is a serious matter and even out of the mouths of kids will be taken seriously". Which I understand really - but there is no way in heck I am putting that thought into my 4 year old heads. My luck - we would get up there and one of them would say "hey mom is there a bomb in my bag". Then we would never make the flight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I feel you r pain Kelly! Can I just tell you how much LESS stress it is, to drive!?
My kids had a blst on the plane! The thought security was awesome too! I hadn't even thought of warning them about that! I had them all bring books, and ya know what, that didn't read any of them. One leg of our trip had a movie, and the head phones were only 2.50, so we got eveyone one, or you can bring your own. Now, this was delta so I dont know about Southwest!
Well have a good flight, and I'll see you in a couple days!!! YAY!!!
Post a Comment