It is amazing to come into contact with so many different people. I mean we all do this on a regular day to day basis but this trip seemed so different for us that I couldn't help. I mean we are pretty used to the whole "are they twins"? question and in Las Vegas it was no different. The only time I didn't get that was at the conference as everybody knew we had twins and so nobody asked.
So here are some of my encounters with people on this trip. It starts with the taxi drivers. Some of them speak to you others just find out where you are going and you ride in silence. There are so many different taxi companies in Las Vegas. We found that one in particular asked us to buckle the boys for their safety. As they weren't in car seats. I made them in every taxi but some requested it before I even got in. Which I am thankful for. If you've ever ridden in a taxi in a big city - you know why!
While at the buffet in Mandalay Bay.....well let me first explain that their was a Harley Davidson dealership convention in this hotel, so biker dudes everywhere.....we were in line and 2 Harley couples were in front of us. The boys were um being boys and this couple asked "are they twins"...we said yes and they told us they are expecting twin grand babies. I said congrats! Then they said they were going to observe and not to say a word. We just laughed. Having twins is great - but! :)
My last encounter with "people" was at the airport. We experienced two different types. We were standing up waiting to board. On Southwest you board in 3 different groups - A,B,C. If your boarding pass isn't in the A group and you have kids 4 and under then you board after A and before B. So that was our case. So as we waited for A group to board there were these 2 older ladies that stood next to us. I was standing back about a footstep from Brett and the boys. This lady could do nothing but stare at the boys. First at Dylan then she would lean in to look at Cody. Then I just watched as her eyes stayed fixed on Cody. I was going to say something but didn't. I mean don't stare - it's so rude! Ask a question if you really want to know something. The worst thing for anybody to do is stare. UGH! Thankfully we ended our trip on a positive experience. After our plane landed and people got off (we were waiting to board this same plane), I had the boys in the bathroom. This guy got off and set his bags down by our stuff. After he returned from the rest room he sat down and enjoyed a quick sandwich and waited to board our plane again. He boarded before us. After we got in our seats the stewardess came back to us with a pack of gum and said "the gentlemen that sat next to you at the airport wanted to make sure the boys had a piece of gum for take off". I was so moved. That was soooo nice of him. I wondered how I could thank him but we didn't sit close. So as luck would have it - he had forgotten his wallet on the plane and was coming back on the plane to get it when we were getting off. So I got to say thank you in person. Brett and I talked and we realized this guy reminded us of Brett's Dad. About the same height, age, had clothes on like Jim would wear, this guy was probably a grandfather himself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment