Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Karly's Birthday

Happy Birthday Karly! Can't believe she turned 7 today. Seems like yesterday my sister called me in North Carolina and tole me she was pregnant. I was so excited that I probably screamed. That's when I new we had to be closer to family. Not that we weren't close to family in NC (and we do miss them) but I needed to be around my niece. We moved to NY 1 month before she was born and I've been around for everything ever since. As I've watched Karly grow and mature over the years I am watching a bright young lady develop. She's your typical 7 year old though - she's lost almost all of her baby teeth, is sassy, loves her cousins, athletic, a huge help taking care of her brother, never forgets to kiss me by, thoughtful, ....... I am very proud of her and am looking forward to watching her develop into a tween, and then a teenager and before I know it we'll be having a graduation party.

We went up tonight for dinner and cake. Well cheese cake (her favorite and mine too) and brownies. Tanya made brownies for her nephews because Dylan expressed his dis-like with the cheese cake. :) We gave her present tonight - she's big into Hannah Montana. Her party is Saturday and I think there are about 28 kids coming! OMG! I think I'll need a drink by the end. She's having a 50's theme party - after the movie Grease (another favorite). She's got a pink poodle skirt to wear, the boys are all wearing T-Bird shirts, we will have bubble blowing contest, hula hoop contests..........I'll updated after Sat.

Happy Birthday Karly!
Her new Hannah Montana dolls!

She's 7! So hard to believe she's not a little girl anymore.

No comments: