It has been a very busy week. Getting used to the time change again and then heading back to work after a week off and finding out that NOTHING got done while I was gone has kept me busy. Monday my head was in the clouds all day as I was wishing I was still on vacation.
Tuesday I slowly started to come out of it. We took Cody back to the hospital to have another round of blood drawn so they can test his thyroid more. He was funny. As I was talking with him about it he told me that he would do it but wasn't going to be happy. I completely agreed. He doesn't have to be happy about any of it.
Today Tyler went to the doctor for his 3 year physical. He did great. He's right on track and growing up. He weighed 32 lbs and is 35 1/2" tall. For weight he is in the 50th percent tile but for height he's in the 5th. Stop laughing - my kids aren't going to be tall. Only chance of that is if they take after their Uncle Kevin.
The doctor and I also discussed Cody's blood work. It appears that his TSH level has come down from a 9.4 to a 6.something. Which I guess is good but the normal range is 0.4 to 4.0 - so he is still above normal - just not as far. So the doctor said he would talk it over with the pediatric endocrinologist and see what he says. He said they might just recommend re-testing in 6 months. Here is where I have a problem with this all. The TSH is the Thyroid Simulating Hormone that is produced by the pituitary gland. In Cody the gland is having a hard time pushing this hormone. My question is why? Why is Cody having a hard time? Most other 4 year olds don't have this problem. Then why wait 6 months. How about 2 or 3. While I love our pediatricians, this is the same doctor that had me keep Tyler on antibiotics for 3 months while Tyler had constant fluid on his ears - which then has caused him to have severe articulation problems. So - a part of me does not want to wait. And knowing me, I will probably call the endocrinologist and see about getting in to him for a consult. Because in the mean time Cody keeps complaining about being tired all the time. His constant complaint is not normal for his age.
And to top it all off - my poor sister has 2 sick kids. Guess they have the virus hand-foot-mouth. So both Connor and Karly are sick and really not feeling good. Then my mom calls me today and says that Cody is running a fever and is on the couch. Hoping it's not that as it will run through the other 2. Time will tell. (Tash, how is Rae feeling?)
And on all of this - I have been swamped preparing for our Lucky Smiles picnic. OMG - this is like throwing a wedding all over again. I have 400 invitations to stuff tonight. Guess I should probably go do that. The worst part is waiting to hear back from people. The people that have responded the quickest are those that can't come. So I hope the fire department and Shriners get back to me ASAP as my mind is whirling. More to vent on that later - off to stuff!
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Rae's better thanks. She went back to "school" yesterday and is there again today. I think one tooth on the top cut through and there are still more waiting! Poor thing; she's gone so long with only two teeth and now she'll have a mouthfull in a matter of days it seems! Have a good weekend.
Post a Comment