It's funny how far we have come with the pumpkin carving. First it's all Brett and I who create, cut and let's face it - just get excited.
Ok, maybe just me...Brett humors me! :) Well this year, we
supervised. The boys are old enough to do most of it themselves. I got smart last year and put down a plastic table cover on the table. I remember when I was young, we used paper bags from the grocery store. Well now you only get plastic or use recycled. I hate spending the money for the birthday parties on the decorated table covers but if you can re-use them then all the better. So, we lay that down....put all the guts and goo on it and clean up is a piece of cake! Brett cut off the lid and the boys went to town scooping the insides out. Then we drew the faces they asked for and they got the knife. Yes, 3 little boys with knives was pretty scary but they did a great job. They followed our lines and cut out the eyes and nose. After we drew out the mouths, they were "tired" so Brett and I cut 3 mouths. I think they did a great job!
Tyler scooping out his pumpkin..
Everybody is busy cleaning out the pumpkins..
Cody and Tyler cutting out the eyes..
Dylan is very serious about carving..
They are so proud of their pumpkins....Aren't they awesome!
Pumpkins all a glow!
No comments:
Post a Comment