Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Caught off guard....

So today, I had a conversation with the grade-mom in charge of Cody's class room. She is the head person in charge of communicating amongst us volunteers for parties and such. (first experience with that too)....But as we were talking and because you don't have much inter-action with the parents as we did in pre-school, I asked her who her child was. She said "john". Oh Ok...I've heard Cody talk about him but that's it. She says to me "Who's Cody, what does he look like?"....

I'll be honest, I wanted to say "he's short"..........ha,ha,ha....but then thought "duh Kelly all the kids are short - they are in Kindergarten". I hate to admit I came out with "he has blondish/brown hair"...(Yah that must of narrowed it down for her)..............but I will be darned if I was going to say "He's the kid with scars on his lip". I almost told her that but then thought I will not/can not describe Cody to another parent of which I don't know and who doesn't know Cody that way. He is way more than those scars. I'm not used to describing my kids, either they are with me or people just know what they look like. So I have to come up with something. But she caught me way off guard! So go ahead....ask! "What does Cody look like"????

He:
  • has blondish/brown short hair
  • has an amazing smile
  • has big brown eyes
  • has long eyelashes
  • wears a blue winter coat.
  • carries a Pokemon backpack
If you happen to notice he "has scars" then good for you! If you wanna know why, ask! But I will not describe him that way!

No comments: