We finally have some decent weather, cooler morning but the sun comes out and the afternoon is pretty great. The boys have enjoyed the fresh air. I got home a little late from work tonight as I had to run and pick Tyler up some new shoes. Tanya and her 2 were at the house and everybody was riding bikes. As we were chatting, I notice two women walking down the street. Not a big deal, say hi, make the kids "watch out" and they go on. Wrong! The two women stop and ask if it's a "daycare"??? Tanya and I both laugh, look at each other and say "no...they are ours. These 2 are mine, and those 3 boys are hers. The women get the biggest smiles and think that is the neatest thing in the world. We had a great conversation with them. Then they asked to take a picture of the kids - each of them posing - so they can "send back to China". Sure..no harm there. It was very neat to hear about their culture and how they are only "allowed" to have one child. If they have 2 then the women are fired from their jobs. Could you imagine? They shared about their children's school........our USA children have nothing to complain about. Karly told them she wanted to learn how to eat with chopsticks. So they are bringing her back a pair of her own. Of course, my kids had been outside All Day and lets just say the bathtub loved them tonight. So the picture has to be "wonderful" (hence the sarcasim). OH well.....they didn't seem to care.
We are off to see the monster truck show tomorrow night. The boys are beyond excited. I am looking forward to it for sure. Camera is ready!
I picked Tyler up some new shoes tonight. His were so beat and will be fine to play in but he can't wear them in public. Just so happens Payless has the BOGO sale going on. So I got a new purse. As I was switching it over tonight, the boys were admiring it. I casually said "don't tell Daddy I got a new purse". Not that I have to hide it because Brett is pretty good about tuning right into that. So don't you know....Brett came home for dinner tonight and all 3 of them threw me right under the bus! Thanks boys!
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment