Friday, April 3, 2009

Senseless

A shooting...a random act of violence - something that is supposed to happen in other cities. You always see it on the news and think or wonder if that will ever happen where you live. Today it did! While I don't believe I know anybody personally is still settles funny. It didn't happen that far from our house. We were just in this same area over St. Patties day for the parade. For the first time ever as I left work for lunch when this was all unfolding, I didn't want to go to Wegmans. I wanted to come home and stay put. Now we all wonder if we will ever know that very hard question.....WHY?

As this was unfolding today the online blogs for the paper and a site called the BC Voice were on fire with people sending in information. Of course you are trying to sort out what is true and what is not. Then you get the typical "jerks" that should really just stay off their PC's during such times. One person actually typed that "I am surprised that this happened at the Civil Association when AIG is not that far away". Really? That settles so wrong with me. My husband works for AIG - I know they aren't in the news for great things recently but it's not OK for somebody to think that a shooting like this should happen there. Like at the Civic Association where so many families will never be the same - the same would go for AIG. UGh - that just really bothers me. Doesn't make me want Brett to go to work.

I was also reading an online article on Yahoo tonight and they had quoted a Doctor who's mother taught English there and is believed to be among one of the 14 dead. I believe this doctor to be Tyler's ENT. A great man who if it is I wish his family all the best tonight.

Prayers go out to all.

No comments: