Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Mans Best Friend

Today was Molly (our dog) 11th birthday. She is official the old girl in the group of family dogs. But she can still keep up with the best of them. While I don't make a "big" deal out of it - the boys wanted to. Dylan more so than any of them. He really has taken a liking to Molly. So I got questions wondering "what type of party are we having". Guess they have figured out that their parties have all been theme related. This morning as I was getting ready for work they wanted to know if I had gotten the cupcakes and bought her a present. Sad, but I hadn't. So that was on my "to-do" list today. Instead my mom baked a cake I had in the cupboard and well I owe her a present. Right as I got home tonight they asked if it was time for the party. I laughed. I found it extremely cute they were making it such a big deal. Dylan however was very disgusted that no other family members were coming for the party. He guilted my mom into staying a few minutes later so we could sing happy birthday. So we sang, blew out the candles, everybody got their piece - including Molly. It was very yummy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today was also Administrative Professional Day. Yah, I'm one of those. Not exactly my title but most days I feel like I keep the office running. I have to say that I work for a great group and they do great at honoring me for the day. I got to my desk to find a beautiful purple mum and a nice card. Then Jeff brought in bagels, donuts and a big ole hot cocoa for me. It was the perfect way to start a Wednesday. Then I got a music card that sang to me. I loved it. Then my managers all took me out to lunch. And it was a very yummy lunch indeed! So it was a great day!

No comments: