Monday, March 8, 2010
A Busy Weekend
We had such a busy yet wonderful weekend. Woke up to the sun shinning and temps that reached into the 50's. It was still cool outside but that sun felt so great. So we all put on our "green" and headed out to the St. Patrick's Day parade. The streets were packed. By the time the parade finally reached us there was no longer standing room. Heck, people were standing in the road. The motorcycle cops kept driving up and down the street pushing people back. At times you wondered how the firetrucks made their way down. AND seriously...why on earth do people bring their dogs to a parade? Do dogs enjoy parades? Cause the dogs I saw acted as if they could just break away from their owners (who were doing everything in their power to control them) they would have a great snack eating another dog. So many people and you have to worry and look everytime a dog barks. It wasn't just a little "bark"...it was a mean "bark"....UGH! Anyway, we saw lots and lots of bagpipers. I absolutely love the sound of them. The boys got lots of candy! We saw lots of police departments (and everytime they saw a K9 until, they would mention that it looked like Tacko), lots and lots of firetrucks and so much more. We stayed for 2 1/2 hours and then left and it wasn't over but my parade go-ers were done! :)
On Sunday, I left behind the boys for the day. They were busy playing their new Wii game. Mario & Sonic at the Olympics. If you have Wii, I recommend it. The boys love it! Karly had her first cheerleading competition. It was so fun to see her cheer through out the year. She picked it up quick and had such great enthusiasm about it. The girls had practiced a lot on their dance I couldn't wait. Not to mention it brought back a lot of memories from my cheering days. Actually, as I was sitting in the stands looking across the court at all the cheerleaders I realized that this was my first competition that I wasn't cheering. Only cheering that day were girls in Pee-Wee and in Grammar (which is 6-8th grade).....and I must say, these "grammar" squads did awesome and you would have never known they weren't in high school. The level of cheering out here is so much different than what I grew up doing/or around. The pee-wee girls didn't place..but rather it was for experience. The grammar girls competed and St. Anthony's grammar girls won first. So the pee-wee girls LOVED that! Karly did fantastic and made me so proud. She has done this stuff before being in dance but I think she enjoyed taking all the "cheer stuff" in too. She had attitude, she had her steps down, her pretty little smile.....she's not my daughter but she made this Auntie super proud! I can't wait to follow her through her cheering days. And I think my sister learned a lesson...never trust a man to do a women's job! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment