Thanks to all of those that read and commented on my previous blog post. (I don't mean for all of my blog writings to come over to facebook but somehow I turned that feature on and can't figure out how to turn it off). However, since it does it also has allowed me to get great feed back from other's that have walked these shoes. And if you don't know me....that means a lot to me.
Anyway, I talked to Cody's teacher this morning when I dropped them off at school. She agreed with me and my request but said that her hands were some what tied as the student who did it was not in her class. Last night as I was going through Cody's bag I found that he had a nurses note so I felt that if the teachers knew, the nurse knew...the principal should know. Punching is a pretty big deal. He (the principal) agreed with me! He was not happy. He was concerned as to where the 4 aids were that are outside with the Kindergartners. He asked for the story and who the child was. I shared what I knew and he promised me he would get to the bottom of it. He felt that a good punishment would be to take away recess time. I agreed. It happened on the playground - so take the playground away. That is what happened. I am hoping the parents were notified and I really hope that the little boy understands that you can't punch somebody else.
Cody seems fine today. He didn't give me a fuss about going to school this morning. I honestly think that Dylan is more ticked off about it. As I was putting Dylan to bed tonight, he told me that he asked "boy J" why he punched his brother and the kid didn't answer. :) Dylan is a very big protector of his brothers. He might want to smack them around but don't let anybody else. :) That my friends, it just what it means to be brother's!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so proud of Dylan for standing up the bully! And proud of Cody for being brave enough to go back to school without being worried. You've got some good boys Mama Luckey!!
Post a Comment