Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I am "way" behind....

Wow - it's been just over a month that I last blogged. You would think that nothing has happened in that time. Yet.....so much has happened. I think I got caught up in facebook and didn't post as much as I would of liked to on the blog. So I am searching my memory bank of what we did and the first thing that comes to mind is our birthday present to Dylan. We had gotten him tickets to see a real live Monster Jam show! We saw Grave Digger, El Toro Loco and a few other drivers. This time the show was on dirt and that made it even better. The smiles on the boys faces were priceless and something I'll always remember. Cody didn't come with us, he stayed with grandma. The noise is to much for him.

We've had some snow days finally. Last week we got about 2 feet of snow and it was fun. Brett was home from work, we had family fun out in the white stuff even if it was to shovel out our cars. However, I did reach a breaking point. I went out to shovel and had to start the minute I opened the door. The snow was heavy! I got to the steps finally and realized it was going to take me all day to do this. So I did what any logical person would do - found the nearest kid with a snowblower and paid him to come do the driveway and sidewalk. Yep, that was so much better! :) Sometimes it's just worth it to spend the money.

I am promising to myself to do a better job starting in March. I enjoy writing down what we are doing...it's fun to look back on. Life can be so crazy and weeks run into weeks. So to write it down and read it back later is so nice. Cody has another ortho visit in a couple weeks but I'm not thinking we are making that. His appliance appears to have moved, the wire is in front of his teeth and it's hurting him. So I need to make the call tomorrow and we will need to be seen next week if they can't do it this week. I've tried to bend it back but his teeth are so small, I can't get it to stay. Not to mention he is freaking out when I move it! Karly has her cheering competition this weekend. I can not wait to see their routine complete. Dylan and Tyler are doing great. We've had no more issues with Tyler's hand. Thank goodness! We are going to the St. Patty's day parade this weekend. I love the sound of the bagpipers! Even though we aren't Irish - with the last name of Luckey - how can you not get excited about this holiday! :)

No comments: