Sunday, July 12, 2009

What a Weekend!

We had a busy weekend but lots of fun for sure. Friday night I got to visit my friend Erica for a while why she stopped through town. It's always nice to catch up with friends and like always it's never long enough. Saturday was Karly's 8th birthday. It still seems like yesterday that she was a little baby and now she's 8 and sassy and adorable and ALL GIRL! She had a great party to High School Musical. I have lots of fun pictures from the day but just haven't gotten them on the PC yet. Thankfully the rain held off to just about the end of the party then it let loose. Today was a beautiful blue sky day and we went back up to the Smith's for pool fun. The boys are getting braver in the pool and by the end of the day both Cody and Dylan were swimming with no arm floats and doing great. Not sure if I would let them not wear them in a deeper pool cause if they wanted to touch they could in Tanya's. They both love to jump into the pool and Dylan found out that going in backwards with no arm floats - you sink right to the bottom! He came up just a looking for that breath. Tyler and Connor aren't huge fans of the big pool. The little one is perfect for them especially cause their attention span is so short. We cooked out a hodge podge of things and then Uncle Shaun took the kids for a ride on the 4-wheeler. All that fresh air really knocks a kid out!

Cody is doing really good with his appliance. At times I notice his speech but it's certainly not overly noticeable. I think I am looking for it and I don't think to the normal ear they could hear a change. Keeping it clean has been pretty easy so far with just brushing and with this little water shooter the office gave us. He and I had a big boy chat about what he could eat and when put to the test he hasn't given anybody a fit about not being allowed to have anything gummy. I ended up pushing back his follow up appointment till 8/12 as that is the same day as his team visit. We'll knock out two visits in one day!

We are counting down our days till our vacation in Ocean City. Looking forward to seeing my nephew and getting the boys on the beach.

Pictures to come!!! Have a good week!

No comments: