I blog for a reason. Most of the time it’s for my own personal reason so I can remember things. I think the old wives tale is pregnancy sucks out your brain cells and I’m convinced cause man my memory sucks! I’ll be the first to admit it. :) This post is for my memory as I need to keep a daily log of the issue at hand.
I’ll be frank – I’m worried about Cody. This past week we have encounter some bedtime anxiety and I’m trying to figure out what it’s all about. The other night – unbeknown to me he got up and threw up in the bathroom. He went and told Brett who was still up but then he climbed back into bed and out he went. Our bedtime routine hasn’t changed. Go upstairs about 8, watch tv till 9 and then they are out. Which has been fine for Cody but then he starts giving me that look of the deer in the headlight look and I know something is up. Then he begins to get teary.
So last night, it was our normal night and then it started.
1. “Tyler got a lot of new toys for his birthday”…..which was a few weeks ago. Not to mention he also got something new and to be honest Cody doesn’t ever play with Tyler’s toys. Not that they are separate but he is more into Backugan and Pokémon.
2. “Dylan always beats me up and hurts me”……ok, that one bothered me. Dylan is a lot more aggressive but trust me they are BOTH instigators in brotherly arguments. So I told Cody the next time Dylan hurts him to be sure to come and tell Mommy (or gimmie or daddy) and we will get to the bottom of it. But what I don’t want to have happen is us always yelling at Dylan.
Then he got over those and settled down and I thought was on his way to sleep.
3. As the hours were racking up and it’s just about 11 pm – I told him we would turn off the TV and we would lie together. He was fine with it but then the tears started and this time…. “I’m afraid of the dark”……….So I told him it wasn’t completely dark, there was the light in the bathroom that was on, the light coming in through the blinds from the street light, the clock gives off some light…..
He then made a couple bathroom trips and I could just tell he was going to get sick. Sure enough. So instead of going back into bed, I took him downstairs to the couch with a bucket and we sat. Thank god for the bucket cause we certainly needed it. After all that, we sat on the couch and he fell fast asleep.
My mommy mind is racing to try and figure out what the underlying cause is. Here are my thoughts:…. (1) He just had his palate expander on 3 weeks ago. He had a lot of anxiety over this, many tears and this is the first thing that he is old enough to remember. His last procedure was when he was 2. He hasn’t complained about his appliance at all. He has had to give up certain foods and while he doesn’t appear to be bothered by this – maybe it is? (2) He is also on thyroid medication and while he was doing very well on this I have noticed he seems to be a bit more tired than normal. The tired thing was the first sign before he got on the medication that I noticed. Cody has great big brown eyes with super long eye lashes but when he is tired his big eyes get very glossy and he just has that “I’m exhausted look” on his face. So possibly maybe his thyroid is off???? (3) Could be his diet. He isn’t the best eater in the world but does have his favorites and we go with them. (4) Maybe I need to change his activities. He likes to watch his TV. While I am not the type of person to limit the TV he does like to watch. He is more content staying in with the TV on and playing with his bakugan or Pokémon. Of which his brother’s aren’t that into to when he can get somebody to play with him he loves it. He would rather stay in while his brother’s are dying to get outside for the day. (5) Soooo…does this all lead to anxiety? And to what type or is it not at all?? Many questions……… I’ll blog about it and talk with our pediatrician on 8/3 and also see if we can see the psychologist at his team visit. We will figure it out but man am I stumped! :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment