Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My Birthday

This is a scanned picture of my card from my niece Karly. I love home made cards. This one though cracked me up. I love she made me the Birthday Queen! :) I then had to get clarification who the other two were. I thought maybe her and Connor. NO! It is ME (the queen with the crown on), my sister and my brother!

Well I am another year older....the big 32. I'm Ok with that....I love my birthday. Some hate it - but I love it. I had a great day all day. And yes, I even went to work. My co-workers are wonderful and I got a 2 great cards and a 12 pack of Mt. Dew. (You can say that is my drink of choice). Then today also was our bake sale for Relay for Life and OMG I ate to much. Everybody bought cookies "in honor of my bday" and well that required me to taste test. I think we could all quit our job and open a bakery and we would do quite well.

I got home and finished preparing dinner. Brett took the boys today to their end of year picnic. So hours home were cut short. He did all the hard work, I just had to put it in the oven. He got to come home at his lunch time and we all ate together. Then the Smith's came over after Karly's dance rehearsal and we did cake and presents. I got some great things. A new Bills lawn chair. I love it and will get to use it lots at teeball games. My mom and sister got me stuff to re-do my bathroom. Changing over from ladybugs to flip flops. Darn it, if I can't live at the beach - I am going to get ready in one every day. My shower curtain though comes with a story. I picked out a flip flop one from Target. My sister had to order it online and have it shipped to her house. So on the day it comes in the mail.....Shaun gets home first and sees it. He opens it and thought Tanya bought a new shower curtain. Knowing that he would just have to put it up anyways - he decided to surprise her and have it up by the time she came home. So she gets home and he is all giddy over doing it - until - they go in the bathroom and she was like "OMG - that is for Kelly's Birthday". So it got a trial run and looks really good hanging up. :) Super funny! I can't wait to do the "switch". I've had ladybugs forever and am ready for a change. My boys got me a great little purse and an IOU for all the rest of the bathroom stuff that I need.

So I had a fantastic day. What was even cooler was getting all sorts of birthday wishes on facebook. So cool to get those from friends that normally would of never known my birthday.

Yes that is a #3....cause I couldn't find a 2 and of course had no candles in my drawer. Whatever! :)

No comments: