Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Life

Yes, I'm catching up if you can't tell....

On Saturday I walked in the Relay for Life walk. This was my first time at an event like this and wow was it heart wrenching. We walked as Team Innovation and had about 33 walkers from IA participate. We raised almost $3500 and that is a lot of money for such a short time of fund-raising. Of course the weather DID NOT cooperate with us. Friday wasn't a horrible day but in came the rain during the night and they had to close the event down early on Saturday. Cancer seems to be everywhere you turn. I have had great family friends who have passed and those that are still fighting. So as I walked I thought of them. Even the boys came out and walked their little hearts out - completing about a mile. Our team captain had made a deal that if we raised a $1000 he would wear a coconut bra and grass skirt and walk around the track once - that was a great sight! He even made $2 on the lap. We had lots of ideas for next year and will pray for no rain!

Now onto catch up in the Luckey life....we have a big birthday party coming up this weekend. Tyler turns 4 on Saturday. We have a tour of a fire station planned and then coming home for cake and a bounce house. Our weather is looking wonderful and the kids should have a great time! Cody will get his appliance on 7/2 and we are slowly talking about that. I find when we do talk, he doesn't sleep well so I am trying to find all the positives out of this. Or atleast all the ones that he will understand. Tyler has an appointment with his ENT on 6/30 and I am curious how that will go as he has a tube sitting inside his ear. We can see it - it's probably just stuck on some wax. Brett and I are well. Busy keeping up with the boys and remembering to take a couple minutes for us. Dylan has lost now 2 teeth and I think he has a couple more loose ones. Brett celebrated a nice Father's Day. We didn't do much but did relax, have a cook out at the Smith's and of course a photo!

Have a happy summer. I will try and get better at updating the blog.

No comments: