Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Unexpected Expenses

Well today as I was at my desk, I glanced down to my ring finger and noticed that something didn't look right. Sure enough - one of my diamonds was GONE! Thankfully not the big one but rather one of the small marquise on the side. I have no idea when it happened but I am thinking it was very recent as I tend to look at my ring a lot.

So at lunch I went to Kay's to see what can be done. They are sending my ring in for an estimate. All of my prongs were very worn down and the girl said I was lucky I hadn't lost more of them. So am I. So we wait for the estimate to see if they just repair it or if I get a new wrap. (My engagement ring was a solid diamond with a wrap that went around it) If it's cheaper - she did say I could "trade in" my old one and basically they would give me double the trade in merchandise for 1/2 the cost. Example.....give me $500, I could get a $1000 wrap for $500. Or...in January they are having a resetting sale and they could take my diamond and reset into a whole new ring. So we will see what we will do after we hear the estimate.

I hate not having it. My finger feels bare and I am constantly looking at my finger like I lost something. I think my heart skips a beat and then I remember where it is at. Just was not planning on coming up with money to fix it. But don't mess with a girls diamond!

No comments: