I am happy to report that the sick bug has left our house. Sorry if he has landed at yours. I am knocking on wood that I only ended up with a cold. The boys didn't let the bug get them down for long and they are right back to their old selves. FULL of THEMSELVES!
We are all decorated for Christmas. Tree is up, lights are outside and they all work and the village is high up on the entertainment center and looks great (if I don't say so myself) After this year though I am getting all new lights. While putting up the tree I had a heck of a time with the last strand. Finally just gave up and went and bought a new one. Then I decided on the coldest day possible (cause the boys said the lights needed to get up as the neighbors are done) I stood outside in the freezing cold putting the lights up. Brett got off way to easy this year as he was at work. Trying to get the lights all connected so I was not running a million extension cords and then getting them all to work - what a chore. But I did it and they look good. Now, I need to start doing some shopping! Just waiting for the most important part - $$$$$. Brett gets his ref check and instead of shopping on credit, we will do it all in cash and it feels so much better. So I'll wait - but I am getting impatient.
I had my work Christmas party. We had fun. I had one amazing thing come from it though. There is a woman I work with that has a cleft lip and palate. I've known this for a while but we have never spoke about it. I figured she would come to me in time. She did and we had a great conversation. She had so many nice, encouraging words about Lucky Smiles and about Cody. I hope to get her to our next family day and who knows maybe Vegas in July.
My Dad is coming this weekend to take the kids Xmas shopping. He started this last year and they are anxious to get alone with Papa in Toys-r-us. I don't think my Dad knows what he is in for though. :)
Have a great rest of the week and weekend! We are hoping to get haircuts and then visit with Santa.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment