Our weekend was filled with Christmas Shopping. Brett's check came and it was time to get this party started. My feet still hurt from all the walking. I do have to say I am about done. A couple more people to buy for and that's it. Brett was great and kept the boys and just said "see ya, when I see ya". The crowds were crazy! I did the mall Saturday with the kids as we were going to see Santa. Wouldn't you know the minute we got there it was time for Santa to go feed the reindeer. So we had to wait an hour. Now going out in the north means winter coats. Well in the mall it is about a 100 degrees and so no coats...but who gets to carry them. ME! So we did some shopping for Brett and then enjoyed a pretzel and all of a sudden I see the line swelling for Santa. So we quickly make it over to it and
OMG - we had to wait a good 35-40 minutes. CRAZY! Thankfully my mom was at the mall shopping and she came to take the boys for a walk and a potty break so I could stay in line. My crew LOVED Santa and I think Santa loved them as the 3 people in front of us all had crying kids. The picture was worth the wait to me:

Today, my Dad came out for his yearly Christmas shopping visit with the kids. He knows they have basically everything and finds it easier to just take them shopping. This year he add Cody and Dylan to the mix. He said "all of these toys make sounds and I think we have pushed every button". Tanya and I just laughed and said "I'm sure you did". The kids made out well. Then we went to Friendly's for lunch and ice cream and came back to my house so the kids could open the presents up. I made a mental note for Christmas morning - I need to have scissors, a screw driver and a little plastic bag for all the little junk stuff they use to wrap these toys into boxes. OMG! We of course had a photo op session with Papa too.....
We had a great visit with my Dad. So many emotions for me though but that is for another post. Now I have to concentrate on wrapping!
Merry Christmas!
1 comment:
I just saw all the boys a few weeks ago but they look so much bigger! Especially Cody and Dylan...wow. Auntie misses them!!
Post a Comment