So besides the hub bub of Christmas and shopping and all the prep work that goes into it - there really hasn't been a whole lot new with us. That is a good thing. Cody is taking his medication every day and doing really well with it. At times I wonder if it doesn't make him a little hyper but I can't really pin point it to the drug. One thing for sure is he doesn't complain that he is tired. So this is obviously working. The real test will come in Feb. when we do blood work to test his thyroid levels again. Dylan is doing well. I am very curious to see what he weighs in Jan at thier 5 year check up as he is really packing on the pounds. He loves to eat! He's doing well in school although the teacher said she thought he was "guessing" at some of his letters. So we are working on that. The problem is Cody blurts them out before he can get to it. Tyler got great news today from his speech therapist. She tested him and while he is still behind for his age group he has made up about a year loss of speech growth in 6 months. That is fantastic. She said actually she will need to "work with" the numbers to continue to qualify him for another 6 months. Basically keeping him in speech through this first year of preschool. I am very excited for Tyler as this was my hopes and dreams for him. He goes in January for a re-check of his ear tubes.
Cody and Dylan will be turning 5 in another month. Not sure where those 5 years have gone. I have so much reflecting to do on that. Many posts to come on that. In the mean time and on top of Christmas we are preparing for a birthday party. I called the other day and rented the movie theater. We are having a spongebob/pokemon birthday (nice combo huh). But the party should be fun with lots of their school friends.
Post maybe fewer and far between with Christmas coming next week. The Luckey family would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment