Monday, April 26, 2010

Toy Boxes

All of the kids in the toy box! Over the weekend my Dad came for a visit. He has been a very busy beaver in his garage building. They were supposed to be done for Christmas but I think my Dad bit off more than he could chew. He wanted to build all 6 of his grandkids the same thing...he decided on toy boxes! It took him forever but all of his hard work paid off cause they turned out FANTASTIC! It was so wonderful to have him build my kids something. For many years every Christmas he would build me something new. I've gotten mirrors, tv stand, corner shelves, sconces, garbage bin holder, magazine rack, shelf, book case and for my wedding he built candle centerpieces..... Unfortunately, the day came and my parents divorced and I never thought I would get another wood thing from him. So when he said he wanted to build the kids something I was so excited. I knew I was getting 3 of them but trust me, we filled them with no problem! I am thankful that my boys will have something of his that they can have forever. Just like I still have the cowboy boot bank that my Grandpa built for me. The toy boxes are huge and are beautiful and are a wonderful addition to the wood working family in my house. He put a shelf on the inside that slides back and forth from side to side. As you open the lid is a plastic piece with pictures behind it that we change out over time.
I am hoping I can convince him to build me end tables next....we shall see!

No comments: