To most of you it looks about the same....his front two teeth are loose. Not really wiggly loose but he told him to wiggle 'em and loosen them up. While looking at the picture above, on the left hand side you can see a bulge in his upper gum...that was where (as a baby) his gum was split in two. Well the dentist said that in that spot is now an adult tooth. Which is really a good thing...where there is a tooth there is bone and that's what we need.
Dr. Dillingham came over and took a look inside and noticed that the wire needed repaired. The spot where it was sottered together had worn down and he needed to fix it. So it had to come out. He popped it out and I could tell Cody was moving his tongue all around in his mouth. It must of felt weird. Then he looks at me and said "Mom, my appliance is out....(pause).....(eyes got really big).....CAN I HAVE GUM"........................OMG...yes, of course! So I called the assistant over and asked and she said sure. Thankfully I had gum in my purse. I gave him a piece and he chewed away. He loved it. The dentist thought it was wonderful. I explained to them how he has been so good and understand at what he can and can't have. How at times he has a meltdown and just wants to eat sticky food. So chewing gum is a big deal. I got out my camera to capture him chewing and the dentist wanted a picture too. He suggested holding up the gum pack. Here is my SUPER HAPPY boy chewing his G.U.M......
Those 10 minutes went by quick. He spit the gum out and back in the appliance went. He did great getting it back in, no tears! He was so proud of himself too as he reminded his Dad later that he didn't cry. Dr. D is very happy with his brushing habits (yep, patting myself on the back), and the great thing is we don't have to go back for 8 weeks...which just so happens to be my birthday! :) Thinking that trip if it's nice will be a Zoo day!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment