This morning I got him up and yah..he wasn't going to school. His whole foot was nice and puffy and he couldn't walk on it. He hobbled down the stairs on his butt and to the couch he went. I believed him but also gave the firm warnings that there was no running and playing/no going outside/only to be on the couch or in the chair playing the Wii. He asked for Tylenol and I sort of believed he was hurting. I called and got him a doctor's appointment.
Dylan cracks me up. Couldn't put his shoe on that foot so he has developed this hobble and drag move with his foot. It's cute to watch. As we were waiting a good 20 minutes at the doctor's office, Dylan was becoming annoyed we had to wait so long. He really is his father's son! :) The doctor examined him and sure enough it's a sprain. He said the tendon that runs from the ankle bone along the side of the foot is probably what tore away. He suggested an ace bandage and for him to stay off from it. No gym for 2 weeks and keep with the Ibuprofen for the pain. We got home, got him settled on the couch and Brett wrapped his foot up. Keeping him down is going to be a challenge........ He is a cute patient isn't he? 



No comments:
Post a Comment