Monday, August 17, 2009

Swimming fun..

Over the weekend we headed back to Cuba for a graduation party of Brendan's. Thankful our weather was super nice and we all got to enjoy the pool. We had a nice party and Brendan was very surprised. He is off to college already. At times I think he has been this age forever but on his gift table was a hand print mold. It was so cute as it was little and I was curious how old he was. He was 5ish and in pre-school and it was 1995. OMG, your kidding right cause that was the same year Brett and I started dating. Made me feel very old that he is now old enough to go off to college. We all have these moments, and some have them about me (that I'm old enough to have kids) but wow - this was my moment. It was also very nice that Grandma Luckey could come for the party. She is 96 (I think) and bless her heart doesn't know who you are but we could never forget her. She reminds me so much of my own Grandma, her size, her demeanor, her love for the outside.

All that warm weather gave us a great opportunity to enjoy the pool. It was wonderful. Sunday we all got in and relaxed. All 3 of the boys came even farther out of their shells and did some first. Cody and Dylan both took off their arm floats and were swimming away. I was so shocked and so proud of them. They quickly jumped in and realized they sink right down to the bottom but if they used their feet - up they came. Then finally, I got Tyler to take off his batman ring and just swam with his arm floats. He was amazed he didn't sink. I told him he wouldn't but he needed to build up the courage himself. After all that sun, they all crashed!

Countdown is on to the start of school. Waiting very patiently to get our teacher assignment. (And I'm using the word patient very loosley) :) Next week they have Kinder-Camp for 3 days. Very anxious to see how that will go. I get teared up thinking about it all.

No comments: