Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Kids understanding pictures

With it being our anniversary, I got out our wedding album and sat down to look through it. I would like to watch our tapes but they are VCR tapes and well we only have DVD players - so I guess it's time I get those switched over to DVD's. I have a couple wedding pictures through out the house of Brett and I but the boys have never looked at the album.

OMG - they cracked me up! I have one picture from when Brett and I went to our Homecoming our Junior year. Yah we were much younger! Brett had a flat top hair cut and I still am not sure what he was thinking with that. :) Tyler took one look at that picture and said "wow, what happened to my Dad's hair?". LOL. So we kept flipping and Tyler says again "Mom, why did you marry so many people?". He saw the pictures of me dancing with different people (who all had tuxes on) and he thought because they looked like Brett did (in a tux) that I married them too! Now usually Cody is my to the point man but Dylan says very matter-a-factly...."So Mom, first you were boyfriend and girlfriend, then you got married and that is how you could have us". EXACTLY! lol. So he looks at Cody and says "Cody if you want to have kids you have to get married first!" On we flipped to the cake pictures. They thought it was pretty cool we had a fountain. Then they had no idea what Brett and I were doing......we smashed the cake. We had a blast. Cake went everywhere! Dylan says "mom when you get married you can smash cake?" I told him only if his wife lets him.

It was so much fun showing them the pictures.

We had a nice anniversary. Our work schedule is different so we went out to lunch today. It was very peaceful to sit at a table together and chat and eat without any interruptions. Something we don't get at home. I got a great card (I love cards) that said all the right things. He finds the best cards.

Up next: He is heading off to the Glen for another year of racing fun. Mommy duty kicks in full time tomorrow. We'll miss him but we plan to have a little fun of our own. Going to a children's museum with friends.

No comments: