Tuesday, August 4, 2009

9 things I remember about this day....

9 years ago!


1. I married my high school sweet heart. The boy I had many dreams about. The boy that put those butterflies in my stomach every time I saw him.


2. The Eye! How could you forget Brett's eye that day. It had to of throbbed. For those that don't know the history - the night before our rehearsal party, Brett and a few friends went to Olean to a bar. As they left a group of boys came out a side door and jumped them. Brett got hit from behind and ended up with 30+ stitches in his eyebrow. I remember getting the call at 2am from one of the guys in our wedding party. My mom and I drove to the doctor office (thankful a good friend's dad was a doctor and took care of the stitches). I almost passed out. At rehearsal, the minister was so good about it. At the wedding in the reception line everybody went from "what happened.....to....you look great".


3. Our wedding party. We had a blast. So many great friends and family that shared our day.


4. Remembering back to those that were with us on our special day that have passed. Grandma Jane, Letti, Grandpa Luckey.


5. It was so HOT that day! And having been living in NC where you got very used to the AC - it was hot! So hot in fact that our junior bridesmaid passed out during our ceremony. Thankfully same doctor that helped with the eye was their and he came a running to help her out.


6. We had a great music to dance to. The one song that got popular that year was "Who Let the Dogs Out". Thanks Annie for suggesting that! That song brought the dance floor to life.


7. Our toasts! Thanks to my sister and our best man Bill - they gave some great speeches that I will always remember.


8. My Dress....something about putting on that white dress. You truly do feel like a princess for a day. The hair, makeup, flowers, shoes (flip flops for the dancing), the ring that gets placed on your finger.


9. Saying "I do"..............to the man that makes me happy. To the man that I have been able to share my dreams with. The man that gave me 3 great boys and who is a great Dad. The man that can deal with my "quirks". The man I can laugh and cry with, watch football with, share a quick glance and know that the smile really means a little "I love you" without saying it. The man that has been my backbone when life has throw us the un-expected. The man that is not afraid to show his emotion. To my husband, I love you!

2 comments:

Annie said...

In re to #6...that was a pretty good song, I still like to dance to it every now and then :-). Happy Anniversary!

Natasha said...

Oh the EYE - I remember it so clearly...events leading up to it and what happened afterwards.