I took Tyler this afternoon for his last check-up before surgery. All looks good and we are set to go. There is still a lot of fluid on the right ear and the tube is out in the left ear although no visible fluid. So he will get long term tubes put in as this is his 3rd set, they will explore his adenoids for any re-growth and will cut the piece of skin coming from his upper lip to his top gum. Surgery is set for this coming Tuesday at 9:30...which kind of sucks as he can't eat or drink after midnight. He's my first kido to have surgery at this age - where we have to hand him over and walk away. My anxiety is already starting to kick in.
The boys are loving school - all 3 of them. Cody and Dylan are so challenged and are doing great. Writing their names and getting better and better. They did this in pre-school but you can see their "growth" in K. They are in the 100 book challenge and it should be a challenge to complete. Their goal is 100 books a semester. They bring home 4 books A NIGHT! So in my house that's 8. Right now the books appear to be very simple, ex: "Look at the Lizard, Look at the eye"....basic sight word sentence. So the books are super short. At this length, 8 books isn't a problem...if they get longer it will. Then the teachers want them to write the titles themselves....not mom's hand writing and if they kids can't get it we are to dot it out. At first I said "dot this".....I do this alone at night as Brett works. I work and am not home before 5. There is a lot to get down in a couple hours. But we will give it our all and make the best of it.
I thought about rather to blog this but it's just one of those things that I have to write. Cody might not be happy with me in 12 years but he'll get over it. :) So last night as I was getting them into the shower..he gets undressed and notices something black. He yells "mom I have something black on my leg"...now we are talking it's higher up on his thigh. So I yell back "what is it".........to which he says "MOM, I think I'm growing hair"......................O.M.G...................I lost it! How could you not. I assured him it wasn't hair but rather fuzz...Sure enough it came off in the shower. Phew!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Let me just say that I am in tears over the comment from Cody and growing hair.... LOL that is just hysterical! I love it! That one is definatley for the memory bank! Grandma Jane would have thought that was the funniest thing going!
Post a Comment